After your concrete driveway installation, consider sealing the concrete to protect your investment. Sealing a driveway involves applying a protective coating to the surface. Applying this coating can protect your driveway from damage and make it more attractive.
Advantages of Sealcoating
Sealcoating works to:
- Eliminate water intrusion: Sealcoating will keep your driveway’s surface from absorbing water, preventing it from acting as a breeding ground for mold and mildew or developing cracks.
- Prevent damage from weathering and auto fluids: Asphalt sealcoating protects your pavement from the sun and rain, which can cause it to deteriorate over time due to water pooling on top. This protective application also prevents damage from dripping car fluids, which can cause lasting harm to the concrete.
- Boost skid-resistance: Sealcoating will give your driveway a hard surface for better vehicle traction, making it safer for you and your family.
- Enjoy easier cleaning: With sealcoating, you get an easier-to-clean driveway. The sealer helps keep stains from setting in and absorbing into the pavement, which means less dirt, grime and scrubbing for you.
- Save money over time: When you sealcoat your driveway, you protect your investment and save money over time with fewer repairs.
- Enhance curb appeal: A clean and well-maintained driveway is an essential part of any home’s appearance, and sealcoating helps keep your property looking great.
Potential Disadvantages to Consider Before Sealcoating
Some cited drawbacks of sealing a concrete driveway include that it:
- Comes at a cost: While sealcoating is a great way to extend your driveway’s life and keep it looking beautiful, it does come with a price tag.
- Requires certain weather conditions: During its application, sealcoating requires specific weather conditions to adhere correctly to your driveway. With high winds, heavy snow and rainfall, you will need to wait until these conditions pass before sealcoating.
- Needs recurring applications for the best results: Some sealants only last between two to five years, so if you want the full benefits, you may need to reapply within that time frame.
- Increases pavement summertime temperature: Asphalt pavements with sealcoating have a higher summertime surface temperature than those without it, as asphalt absorbs heat. This can potentially minimize some benefits.
- Can be messy and challenging to apply alone: Sealcoating can be messy and complicated without help. If you want to sealcoat your driveway, contact a professional to ensure the job is done correctly.
Schedule Your Sealcoating Today!
Sealcoating is a great way to protect your driveway, preserving its look and prolonging the life of your concrete. Schedule your sealcoating service today, and get ready to enjoy the beautiful results that come with a perfectly sealed driveway.