You’ve spent years walking on it, rolling your car over it and using it to transport your kids to soccer practice. Your driveway is essential to your home, and you want to ensure it looks great and lasts for years! Sealcoating will help you do that.
What Is Sealcoating?
Driveway sealcoating involves applying a liquid asphalt mixture to your driveway’s surface to deter water, dirt and other substances that can create cracks or further damage. Sealcoating also helps prevent future cracking, potholes and other weathering damage.
Why Should You Sealcoat Your Driveway?
Sealing your driveway is one of the most effective ways to keep it looking great without paying a fortune. Asphalt sealcoating can turn an old, worn-out driveway into a glossy showpiece with longevity. Other reasons to seal your driveway include:
- Extending its life span: Sealcoating your driveway can extend its life span to 25+ years by protecting it from weathering.
- Reducing repair costs: When you properly sealcoat your driveway, you reduce the repairs needed to fix damage or replace the asphalt.
- Shielding it from sun and water damage: Sealcoating your driveway protects it from the elements and prevents crumbling, cracking and fading. This process creates a barrier that prevents water from getting into the concrete, which is one of the leading causes of damage.
- Protecting it from auto fluid damage: Even when you’re careful about where you park, your driveway can easily get damaged by dripping oil or other fluids from cars. Sealants will prevent those fluids from seeping into the asphalt.
- Maintaining curb appeal: A sealed driveway will reflect light, making it appear new and brightening its surroundings. This can help maintain your home’s curb appeal and give potential buyers a hint at how nice the inside must look.
How Long Does Sealcoating Last?
Sealcoating lasts anywhere from two to five years on average, depending on traffic, weather conditions and other factors. While sealing your driveway will keep it looking nice and new, it’s not a permanent solution, see the pros and cons of sealcoating your driveway. The sealant is a thin protective layer that shields the surface from the elements, so it will begin wearing off after a couple of years. With two coats of sealant, your driveway will receive even more extended protection from water and dirt.
Give Your Driveway New Life With The Paving Lady
Your driveway is the first thing visitors see when they come to your home. It’s a chance for you to make a great first impression and let them know you take pride in your property. If your driveway has lost its luster, The Paving Lady has the solution. We can help you choose a suitable material and design for your driveway as well as protect it with sealcoating, so you can have an attractive, durable surface that looks great and lasts for years. Contact us today to learn more!